October 16, 2006, 10:16 am · Filed under: New Mexico, Widgets
Sundial 1.1 is now available for download. This version adds support for several new languages, fixes a couple of minor bugs, and adds a few tweaks to the user interface. Enjoy!
New In Version 1.1
Straight from the Sundial page:
- Added the following localizations (thanks to all of our translators!): Brazilian Portuguese (Oliver Barnes & André Stolarski), Romanian (Sebi Tauciuc), Spanish (Jorge Arango), Norwegian (Fredrik Matheson), Italian (Claudio Procida), Danish (Thomas Pilgaard Miller), German (Tice Klussmeier), and Russian (Sergey Trofimov)
- Sundial now only displays non-archived projects
- Sundial now displays projects grouped by company name
- Sundial now does a better job handling user-entered Basecamp site addresses
- Minor interface refinements
The Importance of Localization
I talked in a recent blog post about how to localize a widget. Sundial is a good example of why this is so important. So far, our little widget has been downloaded by users in the following 46 countries: Argentina*, Australia*, Austria*, Brazil*, Bulgaria, Canada*, China, Costa Rica*, Denmark*, Finland, France*, Germany*, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy*, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mali, Netherlands, New Zealand*, Pakistan, Peru*, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia*, Singapore, South Africa, Spain*, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom*, United States*, Venezuela*
* This country’s language is supported in Sundial 1.1
If you are fluent in the language for any of the countries listed above that are not currently supported and you’re willing to spend an hour doing translation to English in exchange for a t-shirt and a little fame … write us!
This entry was first published on The Loop, the blog of my former employer, Clearwired Web Services.
Tweet this article!